Saturday, July 30, 2011

TGIF

Today was hell at work. Omg I wanted to die. The phones would NOT stop ringing!!! Also we've been shorthanded for the last week because our day shift waitress got hurt by falling out of a car (she's an old lady). Things have just been hectic and it didn't help that we got slammed. Apparently my general manager, being the absolutely brilliant woman she is, thought it made sense to schedule me off at 4 pm without scheduling a 4 o'clock driver to come in. O.o I'm still trying to work out her logic on that one. Then when one of our unscheduled drivers called up to see what time to come in, I suggested 4 and she said no, come in at 6. I was like wtf?!?

By 5:30 we had three of our night shift drivers in and she still wouldn't let me leave until all the boxes were folded and all the trash was taken out, like there weren't three other drivers there that could do it... Then I had to pick up my best friend and give her a ride to work because she doesn't have a car. So I had to see Pizza Hut yet again before I got to go home and have my dinner, which I had intended to eat around 5 pm. But noooo... stupid Pizza Hut. The good news is, I did some calculations and I figured out that I burn more than 3,000 calories a day without exercising, just from doing my job. It's fairly active. I do a lot of walking, lifting, carrying, etc. I work six days a week so that's pretty good calorie burning with no exercise added.

I assure you I have lost weight recently, even though I haven't been posting my weight plainly. I am about 173 at the moment, though I suspect it may be 172 because I haven't taken a proper dump in a few days. I'm going to take a laxative tomorrow afternoon to remedy that and get a more accurate weight. Unfortunately I still have doubts that it will be accurate because I am bloated already from my period's early onset. Why couldn't it have just waited to strike until Sunday, like it was supposed to?

I went grocery shopping after I had my dinner (shopping on an empty stomach is a terrible no-no), and I got lots of new healthy stuff. I'm excited to try some of it in the following days. To name a few things (most of which were inspired by the blog Bone Thin - this girl has some really good tips): light vanilla soymilk, skim milk, Greek yogurt, sugar free jello, Cheerios, and tons of good vitamins and stuff. Anyway, this is what I had today...

Breakfast:
20 fl oz plain black coffee (6)
30 red seedless grapes (101)
10 sweet cherries (52)
1 GV light nonfat yogurt in orange creme (80)

Lunch:
1 cup of iceberg lettuce (8) - I would have preferred romaine, but we were out.
2 cherry tomatoes (6)
10 croutons (12)
1 tbsp Caesar salad dressing (80)

Dinner:
2 slices Sara Lee classic 100% whole wheat bread (150)
1 oz avocado (45)
1 tsp Grey Poupon dijon mustard (5)
1 tsp Blue Plate light mayonnaise (17)
1 oz GV colby & monterey jack cheese cut from the block (110)
2 slices of tomato (7)
2 slices of Land O' Frost hickory smoked turkey breast (32)

Snacks/Other:
2 cups homemade vegetable soup (64)
1/2 cup low fat (1%) cottage cheese (80)
30 red seedless grapes (101)
6 sweet cherries (31)
9 Quaker mini cheddar cheese rice cakes (70)
1/2 cup nonfat/skim milk (40)
1/2 cup light vanilla soymilk (40)
2 lemon wedges (4)

That puts me at 1,141 calories/57% RDI. I figured it would be okay to eat a bit more because I've apparently been burning a lot more calories than I thought. I get most of my calorie amounts from calorieking.com by the way, if anyone was wondering about that.

On a different note, these are some of my absolute favorite girls on here, because each of them has supported me at one point or another in one way or another, and I appreciate all of them. I'll do this alphabetically. Butterfly Unfolding, Feels So Much Like Falling, Five Faint Footsteps, mirror, mirror, all around, Princess Perfection, Simply, The Fatass Princess, The Journey to 126, Tiny Intentions, Waste Away, and xxWishesxx. I'm really, REALLY sorry if I forgot anyone who's commented me recently! I tried to include everyone.

Now I will individually reply to some comments from my last two posts, since I've been slacking on that lately. Here goes...

@Kate - Thank you for being one of my regular commenters! I love to know that people actually read what I write and that it's not just floating around. lol I'm glad you enjoyed reading the recipes. I hope you'll try at least one of them sometime so I can get a second opinion on them. I love them but I could just be strange. I looked for chobani yogurt and Walmart and couldn't find any, so I got Greek yogurt instead. Oh well. *shrugs* And yes, the gym machines are horrible liars! I was appalled by the difference in what it told me I was burning and how much all the online calculators told me.
@Jackie - Thank you also for being one of my regulars. ^^ I love hearing from you! I do try and find really healthy things because getting 50 calories from vegetables is way more beneficial than getting 50 calories from junk food. I have been losing weight more easily since I switched my diet over to mostly vegetables, fruit, tea, and water. I don't know how much exercising I'll be doing in the near future, because I am LAZY. I love the feeling I get afterward but it's so hard to make myself go in the first place... sad.
@Tiny Intentions - I promise you the sandwich is amazing. You definitely need to try it. :) I feel so much better about myself since I started eating healthier, and surprisingly I'm losing more weight by eating more calories than I was when I was restricting to below 500 a day. I think it has something to do with my body not freaking out so much and storing fat in starvation mode.
@Christina - Let me know if you like the soup or not. It's kind of a pain to make because it takes foreverrr to cut up all the veggies into small pieces and weigh them, but if you make as much of it as I did then you should have plenty to last you for days. I've been eating mine once a day for about a week now, and I still have some left in the fridge. The sandwich is really awesome, too, but it takes longer to make than a usual sandwich. I've learned you have to develop a certain amount of patience when trying to eat healthy. I used to eat a bunch of processed, frozen foods and I got lazy with my food, so cooking can be frustrating for me, but I think it will pay off in the end.
@Nasimiyu - I absolutely hate my stretchmarks. I feel like they're everywhere. :/ I have them on my upper arms, my boobs, my stomach, my sides, and my inner thighs. I hope once I lose all my weight they will be less noticeable. I'm definitely going to try a regular routine with cocoa butter lotion to see if I can make them fade a little.

2 comments:

  1. Hi new follower here :)
    I hate hellish days at work especially when your boss is being an idiot. I(used to)have a boss who couldnt handle stress well lol.
    @your comment to Nasimiyu, i have stretchmarks everywehere to, they're an absolute nightmare. I used to wear long sleeve tops all the time because i have them on my arms but im only just starting to accept them. Apparently Bio-Oil works really well on them. You could try it with cocoa butter. I just started using it and its working :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a horrid day at work, one of the reasons I quit my job, I couldn't handle the stress any more. Good work on the weight loss too, by the looks of it you're eating really healthily which is really good. I'm going to make your soup soon. I'm not too worried about the cutting up all the vegetables, I was born in Scotland so soup is a staple for me!

    Oh and thank you for the mention, it made me all fuzzy inside. I love reading your blog and I intend to keep doing so.
    Keep up all the hard work,
    xx

    ReplyDelete