Sunday, July 17, 2011

Another binge today. Switching tactics.

I think I am going to abandon the ABC diet, at least for right now. I haven't really seen progress and the last two days I've broken down and eaten like a ravenous animal. Clearly this isn't working for me. So, I'm going to try another tactic for one week. If I see results I will stick with it. If I don't, I will switch again. I am going to try eating no more than 1,200 calories a day while drinking a ton of water and green tea (which is said to boost your metabolism). This should take my body out of starvation mode and maybe it won't horde away every little spare calorie I feed it and then drive me to eat like a cow. I'm basing 1,200 on this calculation I was reading about, where you take your goal weight (120 for me) and multiply it by ten, and that's how many calories you're supposed to eat. I guess I'll find out in a week if it's doing any good. I am going to try and avoid my scale in the meantime. Not sure how well it will work... I'm sort of obsessive with knowing how much I weigh.

This morning I binged again:
1/2 cup General Tso's chicken (155)
1 cup plain fried rice (333)
4 crab rangoon puffs (264)
2 fudgsicles (80)
12 oz Pepsi (150)
Thus far that is 982 calories/49% RDI.

Update:
I had to eat dinner with my family because my aunt came over and my dad made spaghetti. I should have looked up the calories BEFORE I ate, but it's too late now. Here's what I had:
1 cup Barilla thin spaghetti (800)
1/4 cup Classico spaghetti sauce (35)
1/4 cup 85% lean/15% fat ground beef (120)
8 slices of pickled jalapeno pepper (2)
My new daily total is now 1,939 calories/97% RDI, which is way higher than I wanted. *sigh* I'm hoping it will be easier tomorrow when I'm back at work and don't have time to stuff my face all day. Also I won't have to contend with another family dinner for quite some time. They're a rarity.

I was thinking about posting some pictures of me on here along with some thinspo pics. Anyone want me to? I'm not going to bother if no one is interested.

1 comment:

  1. You should totally post pics!
    If I had any good ones, I would. :)
    Do not stress too much about the calories, I am guessing you probably just maintained your weight.
    Best of luck with your new plan; it sounds really good!
    Stay positive, stay beautiful! <3

    ReplyDelete