Saturday, July 23, 2011

I think I'm back on track, but I don't want to jinx it.

So... basically earlier in the week I kind of gave up. I started eating whatever the fuck I wanted whenever the fuck I wanted, and what I wanted was a lot of fatty junk. Then I had my two-day overnight orientation at CSU and I definitely pigged while I was there. They had so much yummy food in the cafeteria (not like yucky high school food) and it was like an all-you-can-eat fat buffet. I definitely ate all I could. Then when I got home I had a ton of Chinese food. Fail. But... I seem to be doing better now. Today, thus far, I have had less than 500 calories and I was actually aiming higher than that, so that's an accomplishment. I was planning to keep my intake at like 800cals/day for a week then move to 700cals/day for a week, and keep going down to like 300 or 200cals/day until I get where I want, but idk. When I get into my groove like this it's hard for me to sit there and munch on 800. I don't want to eat that much. I actually made myself eat more today than I wanted, just so I could go above 200 calories. I feel like if I start at 200 now then I might slow down my metabolism too much initially, and I won't lose very much weight. Does anyone have experience with this sort of thing and how much I should eat or how gradually I should go? I'm not exercising because I know when you're on a starvation-type diet if you exercise your body will go straight for your muscle instead of your fat, because it provides energy faster than fat and you need lots of energy when you exercise.

Now to get back to some of you who have commented (and thank you all, I love hearing from you guys)...

@Wishes - Thank you :) I have such a long way to go, though. Thank you for commenting as well, though I don't know if you will see this post or not. It doesn't show you as following, but if you do then thanks.
@Camille - I am 5'7" so I guess that is taller than the American average for women, which I believe is somewhere around 5'5". I wish I was taller though, because then when I got skinny I might have been able to model, but runway minimum is like 5'9" :/
@Butterfly - It's nice to hear from someone else who's been in the 200s. I will never go back. That's what my blog is named after actually. Let me know if the pops work :)
@Sarah - I have always been proportionate I guess. I seem to lose weight fairly evenly, and I hope it stays that way. I'd hate to lose all of my middle and be left with thunder thighs. Ew. lol

2 comments:

  1. It actually takes about 3 days before your body will go into starvation mode. Some people say to eat every few hours to give your metabolism a boost but the boost is very small (like maybe an extra 50 calories burned a day) and not worth eating every few hours if you don't want to. It just helps some people keep from overeating at the next meal. If you eat a normal amount one day and then eat 200 the next and then go back to the normal amount, your metabolism won't be effected much if it is effected at all. Say your body need 1200 calories a day and you eat 1200 one day and the next you eat 200, if your metabolism is effected, your body may try to store like 50 calories as fat, which is not even an ounce. It's less than 1/4 of an ounce. You should figure out how many calories you would need to eat at you UGW being a couch potato (no exercise or anything, just the amount of calories needed to live) and eat somewhere around that amount and then go lower from there. I've heard GW X 10 = how many calories you need at a sedentary lifestyle. I would aim for that amount or less and you can probably easily and safely cut off 500 more calories as long as you get enough nutrients and don't exercise too much (like burning more than 500 cals through exercise is probably the most you could do), otherwise you have a better chance of going into starvation mode.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about never again! I ususally measure in stones and lbs and I last week got to 13.13 and was ecstatic and said i'd never be 14 anything again, was a diet angel and my weight went back UP. I was devastated and wanted to pack it all in. Buuuuuut I didn't despair too much, went to a zumba class, ate nothing mut shreddies and homemade 100% veggie soup and I lost the wretched regained pound and then some.

    I posted about the pops in my most recent post, have a read if you like:

    www.futureformercaterpillar.blogspot.com


    xxxx

    ReplyDelete