Friday, July 29, 2011

I exercised *gasp* Can you believe it?

I usually have a huge aversion to exercise, mainly because I've forgotten how much I used to love doing it, but tonight I couldn't get to sleep so I put on my workout clothes and walked to the gym in my apartment complex. I told myself I would do no more than 1 mile on the treadmill, so when I hit a mile I stopped, though I felt like I wanted to keep going. Most of my battle with exercise is getting to the gym. Once I'm in the middle of it, the endorphins kick in and I don't want to stop. Anyway, I did a mile in just under 21 minutes (I was walking at about 3.0 on the treadmill, 0 incline). I don't think I've worked out in months until tonight. It was nice to feel the sweat again and that floaty feeling I get when I step off the tread and resume walking at a normal pace.

The treadmill said I burned something like 147 calories (I forgot to look at the final right before I turned it off, but I know that's close), but I think that's bull. I went to three different online walking calculators and put in my weight and the distance and the time and they all said different things. One said 88 calories, another said 92, and another said 91. I don't know what to believe, but we'll call it 92 for now. *shruggle* I ended up having my fruit snack like I said I might earlier. I had 30 red seedless grapes (101) and 8 sweet cherries (41) = 142 calories

Earlier intake (958) + new intake (142) - exercise (92) = 1,008

I've read a lot of things about eating fruit or yogurt before and after working out being really beneficial rather than detrimental. Apparently your metabolism speeds up quite a bit immediately after you work out, so having a light snack doesn't hurt at all. Though I wouldn't say to go eat a Snickers after you work out, because that just seems counterproductive...

If you haven't read my previous post, you definitely should. It's way more interesting than this one and I posted two healthy recipes in it that you can use if you'd like. I used to be the biggest junk food eater on the planet and it made me fatfatfat really, really fast. I have tons of stretch marks from getting too big too fast. But I've switched my diet over to exclude things like candy and soda all together, unless it is a rare treat or special occasion. At first I wasn't sure I could adjust to eating healthy food, but I've actually come to enjoy it a lot. My body feels better, less greasy and bloated, my acne has improved tremendously (I used to have it really bad, and soda is a huge culprit), and I'm losing weight without struggling at the moment.

I would recommend to everyone to eat as healthily as you possibly can, because it will pay off in the end. It's okay to reward yourself once in a while on a job well done, just don't make it a daily habit or you will regret it.

In other news, I can feel my period coming on. Oh joy... I already feel the cramping and bloating starting. I'm not supposed to start until Sunday damn it. This means I'm not going to be able to weigh myself for over a week, until I get rid of all the water weight. I tend to bloat really badly at this time of the month, regardless of what I do. I could weigh during but the evil numbers on the scale would only piss me off and make me want to throw it at the wall. Meh!

I will reply individually to all comments later on. I'm starting to feel quite tired now... Night all. xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the recipe! I'll have to try it soon and tell you how it goes. The sandwich looks tasty too. I love running myself and I completely agree about the hardest part is actually making yourself do it, after that its easy.

    I'm so happy to see that everything is going so well for you, keep strong.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, I always eat some chobani yogurt after I exercise. Lots of protein really does help repair and help. Exercise is brilliant! Nicely done! And yeah, the calorie burning meters always lie on the machines. Keep doing well, hun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on the workout! You're right, getting there is always the hardest part, and once you start, then you want to keep going.
    I have horrid stretchmarks too all over my boobs and thighs and lower back, I hate them, but they are a reminder that I must never ever be fat again!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. good job on the exercise! that's something I need to get back into. hopefully you can work this into your routine :)
    I'm glad things are going well for you. keep it up, deary.
    jackie

    ReplyDelete