Thursday, July 14, 2011

I'm so excited *does a little dance*

Do you know the song Full of Grace by Sarah McLaughlin? I usually feel like that, but lately it’s been less. Lately I’ve been happy, not fighting against the current and just struggling to stay above water. Even after my medical scare yesterday, I still feel calmer inside than I used to. I feel like I’ve found my solid ground for a change. It feels good to be stable, and I’m back on good terms with my friends and family, well for the most part. Lol Brittany told me yesterday that I’m a really good friend, and I knew that already (the things I do for her), but it felt good to hear it and to have it acknowledged. I know she would have done the same for me if the situation had been reversed.

Another thing I want to talk about is my girlfriend. We have our disagreements sometimes, but what couple doesn’t? I don’t know any. At the end of the day I’m in love with her and that’s all that matters to me. I believe we can conquer anything if we try hard enough. I know I upset her and worry her sometimes, especially with the eating thing, and I wish it wasn’t so. I wish she knew that I don’t just want her to be there for my problems, but that I want to be there for hers too. I am just head over heels for this girl.

I am getting ready to go see the Harry Potter movie tonight, and words cannot express how excited I am. There’s also a tinge of sadness, though, because after this it will really be over. I’ve just showered and now I think I will watch I Am Number Four while I get ready and chat with my online friends. It’s a really good movie, by the way, for anyone who hasn’t seen it. I’m seriously hoping they make a sequel.

I have resisted the urge to weigh myself for the last two days and I’m going to try and hold off until at least tomorrow. I can see a physical difference when I put on my work pants. Before I started this they were tight on me, and now they’re so loose that I need to go buy a smaller pair. Hell yes! I love seeing progress. Also, the fast is going really well for me today. I’m hoping I can keep it up when I go to the movies, despite the fact that I always want to pig out when I get there. I’ve taken up the advice of the lovely Kes and bought several packs of different gum to take with me. If I can change up the flavor once in a while and keep my mouth occupied, maybe I won’t think about cramming popcorn and candy down my throat. I’ll also be sneaking in a few bottles of water in my purse so I won’t be tempted to buy soda at concessions.

I will maybe take some pictures next week to post on here, but I don’t know yet. Lol I haven’t decided what I’m going to wear to the theater yet, besides jeans. I haven’t even decided which pair of jeans. I know it’s completely irrelevant since I’m going to be sitting in a dark theater, but I don’t get to dress up very often because I don’t go out very often, other than for work. I love to look nice when I go places because if people look at me in a good way it’s a confident boost. Sometimes, though, I try to hide under baggy clothes and hope people won’t notice me. Today is not one of those days. (: Wish me luck with my fast! *crosses fingers*

So far today…
3 8oz cups of plain black coffee (7?)
3 pieces of sugar free Stride spearmint gum (10)
That’s 17 calories/1% RDI according to my Calorie Counter app. I will update later.
Last night I did the sea salt flush and took a laxative to get that nasty shit out, and I feel soooo much better today. It’s like I snapped my fingers and all that ickyness is gone. I feel new and clean inside and I’ve been drinking a lot of water, so points for hydration. Woo!

I think that’s all for now, but I may update later. Thanks for reading!

Update:
2 pieces of sugar free Stride spark gum (7)
1 piece of sugar free Trident original gum (4)
My total for the day ended up being 28 calories/1% RDI. Not bad for a fasting day, considering it was all from gum and coffee.

5 comments:

  1. Your black coffee would be about 6 or 8 calories so 7 would be a good number. It's usually about 2 calories per cup black but I don't know if that's for 6 oz or 8 oz cups. I hope the gum and water keep you away from the concessions tonight. I hope you have a good night watching Harry Potter and everything. I'm glad your girlfriend makes you happy. Good luck fasting! I hope you see a good loss when you weigh yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really excited about Harry Potter tonight, too! I definitely share your sadness in it. I mean, what's left? Pottermore? Not super excited about that. I just want her to write something else now, for goodness sakes!

    I'm sorry about your SNAFU at the plasma bank. That was a really good thing you did for your friend. She's lucky to have you.

    I'm going to be following your blog from now on. I'm just getting back on my journey after ballooning up and looking for friends who have similar goals. It even looks as though we're at similar weights right now! Hopefully I'll see you around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job on your fast! you are so inspiring :) and have fun at that HP premier, it sounds like it's going to be super fun!

    question- what does the salt water flush thing do?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely down for motivating each other. I don't begrudge ANYONE their success (or willpower) but it is disheartening to see people 40 lbs lighter than you complaining that they'll never be thin. I've done it before, I'll do it again, but I wish I didn't have to go through the journey and could already be the weight I wanna be.

    Full back pieces are damned expensive. I would know. I got my outline done at this really expensive guy - he charged $150/hr. But he flaked on me after the first session. Then I gave up on it for a couple years, but when I was working at a restaurant, there were some guys from a tattoo shop next door that came in all the time. I became friendly with one, and he offered to tattoo me for $100/session. I did a few sessions, and then he was whining about wanting a new cell phone, so I traded him the rest of the work for a $400 cell phone. Now I'm totally paid off - I just have to go in and get the work done. He's an AMAZING artist - I couldn't ask for better - but he's heavy handed. He presses harder than any other artist I've had. It'll be worth it at the end, but the going gets rough sometimes.

    How long are you fasting for?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SO excited to see you so happy!
    This made my entire night to read this post.
    Have fun at HP; I am SUPER jealous. :P
    Hope you are doing well.
    *hugs*
    Stay positive, stay beautiful! <3

    ReplyDelete