Thursday, August 18, 2011

So I broke my fast...

I went to the store around 11:30 last night and bought all kinds of fruit and veggies to break my fast with. When I got home I cut up the watermelon I bought and had a few slices around 1 am, along with some V8 juice. I had no idea that it would be so hard to eat so little food. I feel overstuffed from just a few slices. It's an uncomfortable feeling, but I guess it's better than puking up stomach acid all the time, which I did twice last night. I'm following the guidelines for breaking a fast presented here: http://www.allaboutfasting.com/breaking-a-fast.html I'm desperately hoping I don't gain all the weight back because that would be VERY frustrating after all of my hard work. I will update later today to let you guys know how it's going and to do some replies.

8 comments:

  1. 16 days is pretty amazing, I admire you. It would be very hard to fast during school and it really isn't the best thing for you to do.
    You should be really proud of yourself.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. 16 days. Fucking amazing.
    Yummy! Fruit! Really? I'd love to feel stuffed after a bit of food but my stomach is a bottomless pit of misery. You're awesome, once again *__* 16 days. Maaaan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 16 days are really great job already! I think it's very smart you were able to decide to stop the fast when it started to cause you problems. Your health is definitely more important and with all the activities you have now it's obvious you need some energy!
    Good luck with maintaining the weight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. just ease in slowly and you shouldn't gain significantly, also after your 4th day of eating again, maybe start working out a little, and slowly building up your workouts to jumpstart your metabolism and that will help keep the weight off! Congrats on 16 days, though, that was so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, hun I just caught up on your blog, and you kick ass. I am so proud of you for having this will power and this strength. I hope you got the spiritual positives out of this that you hoped to! Remember to stay healthy, dear. And I am sure that the gains you had were your body starting to retain water more- starvation can do that. So just ease into eating, be careful, give your body what it needs and no more and you will be fine. I'd also get into working out a bit to prevent your body from turning the calories right into fat- just a nice easy walk or so to keep your body guessing. Congratulations again hun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow wow wow. you are truly inspiring. I can't believe you went a whole 16 days. congratulations!
    I hope the results stick for you! you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 16 days is amazing!! Don't feel bad that you never did the full 28 because it's not important. At least you didn't break it and go off on a mad binge or anything.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. sixteen days is amazing and insane and wonderful. and watermelon sounds like the best way to break a fast. especially in the summer. :)

    *high 10* both hands, cuz you're that awesome.

    good job. ^^

    ReplyDelete