Friday, August 12, 2011

Day 11 of 28 (Chest pain)

I woke up this morning with a dry mouth and throat again. This is so frustrating. I wake up like this almost every single morning now. (>.<) Rawr. The good news is that my scale said 159.4, so I’m officially into the 150’s now. *does a little dance* I’m still kind of half asleep at the moment. *yawns* I’m debating whether or not to go back to sleep for an hour or to watch some movies. I have to work at 4 pm today. I’ve enjoyed my mini vacation and I’m not looking forward to going back, especially to night shift where everyone’s an asshole. I found out one of the waitresses, who I used to be pretty close to, has been talking shit about my weight lately.

I told one of my friends I’ve lost 60lbs since high school (it’s 66lbs now) and apparently she’s been going around saying: “There’s no way she’s lost 60lbs.” Fuck her. Yes I have. When I was in high school I weighed 225. When I started working at Pizza Hut in January of 2010 I was around 200. That means I’ve lost 41lbs just since I’ve been there, most of which was just recently. I was back to 194 earlier this year. Fuck that bitch. She acts like a friend to my face and then turns around and talks shit. And who is she to talk? She’s got a huge tire hanging around her middle, and it’s WAY more noticeable than my fat. I’m not even kidding. She’s short with a giant roll in the middle. At least I’m tall and it’s spread out.

Sorry for my mini rant. That just made me really mad. I never do anything against those people in there. I always try to be really nice but they’re still mean to me, except for a few of them. The only people who aren’t mean to me are Brittany, Missy, Malaika, Mildred, and Briana. Everyone else is fucking rude, despite my best efforts to be friends. I’ve decided I don’t care to be friends with them if this is how they treat me. Why would I want to be friends with people who constantly put me down and talk about me? I’m tired of being treated like a doormat and taking it with a smile. No more.

Update:

I ended up watching My Big Fat Greek Wedding for the first time, and it was great. I actually got teary eyed at the end cuz I’m a big sap. Then I took a mini nap before work. I just got home a few minutes ago. I was scheduled 4-9 but that bitch Sheree kept me past 10, even though we only had a few deliveries on the screen (like 3) and she had 2 other drivers there who were scheduled to work later than me. That shit pisses me off. Anyway, it was a stressful day. I got a massive headache as soon as I left my apartment and it continued until this past hour. I ended up drinking two Vitamin Water Zeros with electrolytes for energy, and they maybe helped a little, but not very much.

I almost broke today ladies. It wasn’t because of actual hunger, the hunger pains were actually absent today, but because I had some wicked bad cravings. I couldn’t stop obsessing over all kinds of junk food I wanted to eat, and I almost snapped when I had a delivery with several chicken wing orders on it. The mild sauce smell just wafted through my car so temptingly. I managed not to cave but it was a close call. I find myself wondering now whether I’m strong enough to do this. I hope so. With the hunger pains and nausea not present, of course I had to gain other problems to make up for them. One was the headache and the other was a chest/lung pain that started up at work. Every time I took a breath it hurt, and I felt like I couldn’t breathe properly. I also got really tired and really sensitive to bright light and loud noise.

I feel a lot better now that I’m at home in my bed, but I have problem coming up: my general manager wants me to work 10 hours straight on Sunday. Fuck my life. I don’t know how I’m going to survive that shit. I also have to open tomorrow. In other news, I think I made a really big mistake telling people at work that I wanted to lose weight (this was a while back). Now that I’ve noticeably lost weight everyone is noticing, and the rumors have started to fly. One of the waitresses, the same bitch who talks behind my back, asked me today if I’m developing an eating disorder and accused me of not eating. I lied my ass off, went into detail about a huge sandwich I’d had before work. I think she bought it. It might get her off my back for a little while at least. I’m going to have to think up something to trick them for the remainder of the month. Maybe carry around an open bag of chips in my hand or something. Pizza Hut is worse than high school as far as gossip goes, and this is the last thing I need everyone talking about. *sigh*

I’m going to catch up on blogs and do my replies tomorrow probably, because I'm really tired at the moment. I think I’m going to just lay back in my bed and watch some mindless TV until I fall asleep. Night everyone. I hope your days went better than mine. Stay strong lovelies!

10 comments:

  1. Ugh screw her, bitter bitch! (feel free to throw me out for saying such things) but I hate when people act like that

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow hooray for staying strong! I really wish I had your will power.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah. I've def had weird work environments in food service/fast food. I'm sorry it's shitty. At least it's a job. Depending on how long you've been there, you might consider applying other places.. You could probs find a higher paying job on campus. I have an interview on Tues on my campus. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!

    You've been doing so amazing so far, and if you feel like you need to break early, don't feel so guilty!! If you think it might be a good idea, try to think about it and the symptoms you're having sometime when you're calm. I hope you're drinking enough electrolyte solutions. Pedialyte? Is caffeinated tea totally out of the question? We're all on your side, here. I think you'll finish it. You're a really strong willed person, obviously.

    BUT it you need to deflect attention, you could try wearing baggy clothes, or even two shirts or a long sleeve shirt under your work uniform to try and hide your shrinking figure. You could also lie to the coworkers you've told about the fast (you did tell some folks right?) and tell them you broke it and are back to normal. Could casually mention the amazing meals you had before work, the other night when you went out to dinner with friends, new restaurant you tried, etc. Tell them your working out and it's really working for you or something. Open bag of chips or snack sounds like a good idea. Don't feel bad about lying about this stuff. It's your deal and it's no one's fucking business. Sounds like you've been good about keeping the fast from your dad, though.
    SUCH A LONG COMMENT. Sorry. hugs!!,
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must be fast food!! I used to work at Burger King and OMG!! Never seen bitching so bad ever!! Must be because they are all full of grease and salt and fat :) so are moody haha
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know that environment too
    Used to work for a catering company that did beautiful canapés and meals and one day I did snap and had a huge binge on every vegetarian canapé... And I'm vegan. So my body reacted horrifically to the cheese and eggs an injust cried!!!

    So well done for resisting. And being in the 150's!!!

    And as for that girl. She is just jealous! Girl are so bad when someone is loosing weight. It makes them look at themselvels and ask why they aren't doing it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! 150's. Must speed into 140's now. I'd feel very, very flushed if I'm stuck in the 150's when all of you are dropping, dropping, dropping!
    That waitress needs to die.
    Ahahahaha! Great! Whose she to talk then? *slaps bitch* ^__^ Yes, you go, my child! Ahaha! Sounds like a nice movie. I love those movies when at the end you're crying. I repeat this: what the hell is vitamin water? XD. Gah. :( ow, I'm sorry it's getting harder for you! I cave in during fasts usually not because of hunger, but because I'd feel so physically weak that I can't even move. Then when some sort of food enters my body, my body realises how starving it really is.
    Come on, sweetie. You're almost halfway there.
    Gah! I've never ever told anyone that I wanted to lose weight. I've done so once and she'd accused me of being too bony already. Fuck. I'm still fat.
    You're going to be thin in no time, sweetheart! Tell me how it feels like because we both know you're reaching it before me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. People are mean but it seems that you're the better person. Don't let her put you down, she's not worth your time.

    Keep strong lovely,
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are strong! You didn't give in!!! And what a bitch!

    I dont think he'll find out.. Not yet, at least. If I get to skinny maybe, but that wont happen for a while.. I'm sort of calming him down with "I dont purge so I'm fine", and he doesn't know much of ed's so I think I'm okay :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I almost broke on my fast today too. Not because I was hungry (after 22 days that sort of vanishes lol) but because of chest pains and an over concerned friend.

    Nurses are similar. Really, really bitchy and they can be rude. I never noticed how much until I worked with them. Confirmed to myself that I would never do nursing.

    Good luck on your fast.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. The fact that you've lost over 60 pounds really inspires me! I really wish I had your willpower! Don't let her get you down, she's extremely jealous of your success! Karma will make her gain 60 pounds if she keeps at it.
    I loved My Big Fat Greek Wedding, especially the lack of the cliche relationship troubles. I hope that you're feeling okay, and that you have a lovely day tomorrow! <3

    ReplyDelete