Monday, August 15, 2011

Day 14 of 28 (First Day of Classes)

I’m just taking a quick break from textbook reading/note taking to update about my day. I’ve spent the last four or so hours doing that, so I’m ready for a break. Anyway, I had Biology this morning and Psychology this afternoon. I absolutely adore biology but the professor is like dry bread. I was way more interested by reading the textbook than listening to him talk. He didn’t really even cover the material in his lecture. He just rambled. Blah. That’s okay. I took VERY thorough notes from the book and made a study guide, so I’ll be fine. Psych on the other hand was pretty awesome. I can already tell I’m going to get along just fine with the teacher. She has a great sense of humor and doesn’t care if we bring our laptops to class as long as we don’t disrupt the learning environment. The only bad thing is the textbook… the first chapter is 35 pages and they just get longer after that. MEH!

I had a brief scare this morning where I thought someone had stolen my phone from the computer lab, but it turns out I just left it in my car like a big dummy. *rolls eyes* I ran all the way from class to the lab just to find out it wasn’t there, and then I was sweaty and out of breath and almost late for class. Urgh. I managed to go all day on just plain water. It feels good to be back on track again. Though, I have to say, I was nauseous nearly all day. There was a lot of walking around outside in the heat involved. I ended up leaving the campus after my first class and going to Walmart and then my apartment before going back (I have that much time between my Monday classes). Then I left my phone in my car again during Psych. I really wasn’t happy about that, but at least the class only took about half an hour because she only wanted to cover the syllabus. Normally it will last for an hour and fifteen.

When I got home my dad made spaghetti - my weakness. It was the kind with freshly cooked ground beef in the sauce and I about died. I had to take a plate to appease him and it's currently in my trash can, but I can smell it. *dies a little more inside* Sorry I've been absolute shit at commenting your blogs lately. I swear I'm reading them. I just haven't had the time/energy to really comment properly. I’m going to get to replies really quickly and then go back to my schoolwork, because I want to be ahead of the game. I do not want to fall behind because I desperately need to raise my GPA. It’s absolutely pitiful (I won’t even say what it is) from the semester I attended straight out of high school in Arizona. Let’s just say I dropped two classes, failed another, and barely passed the other, just to give you the broad picture. So I’m going to try and make straight A’s all this year so I can bring it up to something decent. All right, comments now. (:

Day 12 of 28:

@kes - I found out something interesting. Vitamin Water Zero isn't ACTUALLY 0 calories. I did some looking around and they're allowed to market it that way because of the sweetener they use, but it has something around 8 calories per bottle. That's not a lot, granted, but I think they should have to put that on the bottle instead of 0. It's probably for the best that you quit your job when you were pregnant if you were also going to school. That sounds way too stressful for someone who's prego. I definitely need at least one day a week to myself. I know I can't go like this for very long.

@Christina - Based on the amount of reading and notes I have to do from just my first two classes ALONE, there is no way I can handle working that much on top of it. I'm going to need all my time to stay on track.

@missinsanity. - I'm choosing not to sweat the Vitamin Water thing anymore. It happened and I probably needed the electrolyte boost. I just have that kind of personality where I freak out about stuff for a while if I think I've sabotaged myself. You start in September? Lucky duck.

@Sam Lupin - I totally didn't regain any of it, but I stuffed myself full of energy drinks/supplements that day so I made it through. Aw, I will make time for you. No worries. So I went down the baby food aisle at Walmart the other day. I was absolutely amazed by everything they had. lol Some of it looks really gross but I'm determined to try it anyway. Actually... you CAN sleep too much. *nods* If you oversleep it's just as bad for you as undersleeping. In fact, either under- or oversleeping can prevent weight loss. If am I thin before you, of course I will wait for you and still support you 100%.

@Run - You get daily nausea too? I hate it. It mostly happens when I walk around (especially if it's hot outside) but right now I'm sitting and my stomach is still turning unpleasantly. I'm just trying not to think about it. I am halfway through my 28 days now. Woo!

@Hope to be thin - If my energy doesn't come back then it doesn't. I'm just determined to see this through either way. I can deal with being a little slower. It's just the nausea I really can't stand. I hate that sick-to-your-stomach feeling. Right now I'm taking Biology, Psychology, World Regional Geography, US History to 1865, and Scuba diving class (which I'm really excited about - it starts in October). I'm going to end up working during school, but not as much as I was working before. I couldn't keep up with all of that.

@Nasimiyu - Yes indeed... every pound lost is cause to celebrate :) I try to have a cheerful outlook, but it's hard when I constantly feel like I'm going to puke. *sigh* Oh well. No pain, no gain.

Day 13 of 28:

@Mia - Thanks, and me too! lol

@Christina - Thanks, and yeah the hunger pains have receded to be replaced once again by nausea. I'm dealing, though.

@missinsanity. - You called me Crash... ;P No one else on here has done that yet, even though it's my nickname. I love the striped one too but I wanted it with black and dark blue instead of brown and white. It was even prettier in that combo, but they only had the blue in junior's XS and XL. I needed a M or L, so I ended up getting the brown in medium, which is basically an adult small I suppose. Junior's sizes run like a size smaller than women's sizes - I think.

@Annie - I would be a junior (year 3) if I'd stayed in when I went originally, but I decided it wasn't right for me at the time and I left to work for a few years. I'm really glad I did because I'm a lot more mature and prepared to commit to it now. So I am a freshman.

@kes - I have a hard time wearing shirts like those because my boobs are so heavy. I swear I almost injured my neck today wearing the halter top, just because of the weight strain on it from supporting my chest. It's still kind of ache-y.

@Nasimiyu - Oh I totally feel you on having huge hips. For me it's the hips/ass area that is the problem. It has lost the least inches so far I believe, and it's so annoying. I want it to just go away! I bought a pair of size 10 Jordache jeans today and they fit perfectly. *claps* I'm totally in love with them. It turns out my size junior 13 Lei jeans are actually a bit too big for me. I wish I hadn't listened to the lady in the dressing room. She told me I needed the 13 even though I wanted to try on the 11. I won't be taking her advice again, because that means I just wasted like $22.

@Sam Lupin - O.o Why is a size 10 bad? Here that's actually a good thing... lol It means I'm not overweight anymore. They were mean to me, yes, but that's not why I cried. I cried because I lost the ticket and money for one of my deliveries and had to pay for it out of pocket when I got back to the store, and it took all of my tips to do so. I lost $20 and it upset me pretty bad. Later when they were mean to be I just felt murderous. I could've just killed them all. Aw I love Biology. If you need any help with it let me know because I'm taking it also and I'm pretty good at it. :) I envy your 34B. If I was a 34B I could buy all the cute tops and bras and they would actually fit, instead of my boobs falling out of the top and sides. :/ They're simply too big for my liking at the moment. Thanks for commenting lovely! Hopefully we can chit chat sooooon.

7 comments:

  1. Are you still doing the water fast? How long have you been going for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Notes and a study guide! Organised much??
    And yet again, I apologize for the crap quality of this comment as its 6:29AM.
    Its nice to be back on track *is back on track as well*. ^_^ I think that with me caring about work again, I don't pay attention to feed. No reason not to measure chocolate cereal for 116calories per 30g still! That's surprisingly filling. The fibre is lacking though XD
    :( awwee. Bad nausea!
    Shhiit! sounds nice. If it was me, I would probably haven't the energy to resist something like that. Fresh spaghetti is amazing.
    See? You needed that energy! There is no cheating!
    Awee. Now I feel bad because I have to try and make time for you and I was planning everything to fall in place *like now*
    Tehehehehe! Some stuff on there looks good though /teething biscuits/. Did you know my Mother won't find it weird if I sneak around baby food?? I've eaten before! ;P
    But you've slept too much, hence you're tired and want coffee so you missed on many hours of sleeping. I generally get 5-8 hours of sleep and very rarely anything over 9.
    Thanks! I will need it! I haven't seen the dreaded scale in a long time! Won't either until September! Here's to breaking the 140's again! Just 3 more pounds! That's all I ask of in 2 weeks! I can do that!
    I wrote that I thought it was bad? Dammit. Yet again, I excuse my thoughts at 3AM.
    Whhaaaat? :( thaz horrible!
    I'd love your help with the labs! :D
    I think my 34B's are too big! I long for an A. I want to look androgynous (sp?) in tight tops! XD I used to be a 38C. S should I was huge. She still thinks I am huge even now >_> gah. Its only because hers are so miniscule.
    Yes! Hopefully! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh spaghetti is my weakness too, infact any kind of pasta is, I just have to stay away from that and all is well. You have more self controll than me,I wouldnt have been able to put it in the bin.
    Jen :)
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you :) Cant wait until I'm skinny though, haha.

    Good that you're back on track sweetie! And you're awesome for already reading a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. From the sounds of it, you'll get through your classes just fine. As long as you keep motivated it will be fine. I swear I write at least 10 000 words a day just by taking notes from textbooks and from my professors. I'm glad you're having fun though, even if the biology professor is boring (they tend to be like that).

    I love pasta, I could eat loads of pasta just by itself. If I starving it would be incredibly difficult for me to throw it away.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go you on been half way through! The nausea is horrid. I don't get it every single day, but when I get it... Ugh. So nasty!

    I love Biology too. Hate it went the tutor is completely rubbish though. It actually frustrates me enough to ignore them and just read the books instead.

    I'm not a huge spagetti fan, but if someone is making pizza or fries or something similar then it makes me want to die inside because I always refuse to eat it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. good luck with all that school stuff. I'm terrible at concentrating.

    I hate cravings and temptations. they're the absolute worst.

    ReplyDelete