Monday, August 1, 2011

Water Fast

I am preparing myself to do a 28-day water fast, both for physical and spiritual cleansing. As my body detoxes, hopefully so will my mind. I will do meditation and try to find peace within myself. I hope to come out of this a much improved person, happier and more confident in myself. I know this will be a very difficult fast, as the water fast is the hardest one to do anyway, let alone for that period of time. I have done hours of research on how to safely do this and I will provide links below to some very informative sites. I hope my willpower will stay with me through this, because I hear it can be quite difficult.

The issue I'm facing is trying to eat up a few things in my fridge that I bought this week that won't keep for a month. I really wanted to start tomorrow, but I will have to throw a lot of things away if I do that, and I do not like being wasteful. I can give some of the vegetables to my coworkers and eat the remaining two cups of yogurt and the last few apples tomorrow. I should be able to push off my skim milk on a coworker too. She can eat it in her cereal and I won't have to pour it all down the drain. I tried eating up the cottage cheese and found I physically could not stomach it all. My stomach has shrunk from restricting. I may end up throwing the remainder in the container away, because I don't think freezing cottage cheese is a good idea.

Anyway, here are some helpful links about fasting if any of you are curious to learn more:

http://proanabell.webs.com/nutritionfastingandexerc.htm


http://www.allaboutfasting.com/index.html

http://www.fitnessthroughfasting.com/index.html


I promise I will get back to commenting soon. I know I have a lot to catch up on. Thanks for all the support lovelies! xoxo

Update:

Ok this is what I had to eat throughout the day. I may have indulged a bit, knowing that I’ll be starting my fast tomorrow…

1 cup Athenos Greek strained nonfat strawberry yogurt (100)
1/6 Pizza Hut medium thin crust veggie lover (240)
½ breadstick (75)
10 oz Pepsi (125)
1 box island pineapple jell-o (320)
2 lemon wedges (4)

And then I managed to cram all of this down my throat so I wouldn’t have to throw it away:

1 ½ cups low fat (1%) cottage cheese (240)
5 ½ cups of fat free milk (440)
1 5 oz red apple (74)
2 plain Greek yogurts (160)
1,778 calories/89% RDI

I feel disgusting, and ill. Ugh. If you’ve ever eaten plain Greek yogurt then you know it’s f-ing disgusting, and I just crammed two cups down in a row. *shudder* Now I’m off to take a few laxatives to get all this shit out, so I can be shiny and clean for my fast. Then I’m going to Walmart to buy some distilled water, since that is supposedly the best for a water fast. Tomorrow morning I will give my remaining avocados, tomatoes, apples, and lemons to my coworkers, because if they sit in my fridge for a month they will certainly go bad. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sad that all of this happened to you, you didn't deserve it. The water fast is a good way of starting everything over again, it will be a brand new start for you.

    Fasting is difficult in general but we're all here for you. Keep strong.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fasting is hard at first, but gets easier quickly. Make it past day 2 and it is a breeze. Good luck hun, be safe- eat if you find you physically have to. But I hope this helps everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your fast, I find those websites very informative so thank you for sharing :) I agree with Christina, I think this will be a good way to start over new and fresh. Stay strong x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry about whats been happening with you lately.. I really think this fast will do you wonders, good luck and be safe
    xxo

    ReplyDelete