Friday, August 5, 2011

Today was a tad challenging

So most of you know, who've been reading my blog for a while anyway, that I work in a food place. I am constantly surrounded by the sight and smell of food I used to eat all the time, and it's driving me a little bit mad. lol I am proud to say, though, that today when I spilled honey bbq sauce on my fingers I washed it right off. Not one drop made it into my mouth. I started feeling a little rumbling in my tummy today, but it wasn't unbearable. I just drank some more water and refocused my mind on something else. I thought my energy had returned because I felt really well this morning, but by the time I got to work I felt awful. I was miserable all day and I felt faint every time I got out of my car. This is totally normal because you're not supposed to engage in strenuous activity on a water fast, and with my job I don't really have a choice. Also, it was really fucking hot outside today. We even got a heat alert that's good through 8 pm tonight. I work again tomorrow morning/afternoon and then I'm off Sunday. Then I work again Monday and then I'm off until Friday night. I decided to take a mini vacay next week and just stay home and relax, so I can reap the full benefits of my fast and not overwork my body.

I've made a list of foods on my phone that I want to eat, and I add to it every time I have a craving. I've decided that once I lose x number of lbs I will give myself a treat each week (after my fast is over of course), and slowly work my way through the list. I'll think of them as rewards - more incentive to succeed. I haven't decided what the weight increments for the rewards will be yet. Anyway, thus far my list includes: popcorn, steak, Starbucks, chocolate, cheeseburger, chips (some of you know them as crisps), french fries (aka chips to some of you), ice cream, pizza, Taco Bell, El Carizzo (best Mexican food in town), Great Wall (best Chinese food in town), Auntie Anne's (mouth-watering pretzels and pretzel creations). I know that seems like a lot, but I've just putting them down whenever I have a craving. I think it helps to get my mind off of them. I got three things in the mail today that I've been awaiting: Bones season 5 on DVD, Wasted by Marya Hornbacher, and a bottle of kelp pills by Nature's Way. I'm excited to watch some Bones and read that book, but I won't be able to start on the pills until after my fast is through. Part of the detox and cleansing process is having nothing but water in my system.

@Hope to be thin - Wow! 14 days is still an accomplishment! :) I'm so happy my weight is falling off. I just hope it keeps falling off. You're absolutely correct - fasting and exercising do NOT go together. I'm glad you're not going to attempt that. Exercise is very good for you, so I'm glad you seem to enjoy it so much. It will tone you up in no time and you'll feel loads better. If you start taking your measurements once a week I'm sure you will see a difference in the inches, regardless of whether the number on the scale changes a lot.

@Britni Marie - Please reconsider the exercise thing. It's not healthy to exercise when you're on a fast. You could end up getting hurt very easily. I have been keeping my physical activity to a minimum on the recommendation of every fasting website I've encountered. I don't have much choice when it comes to my job, but even then I try really hard not to strain myself. I put a chair down in front of the phone station so I could sit and take orders instead of standing and I asked one of the guys to lift the heavy trashcan into the dumpster. Please stay safe.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like the water fast is starting to hit you hard. Hopefully if you can just get past the next few days then you can rest and your mood will hopefully improve too. Well done though, I think you're doing an amazing thing, staying so strong and battling cravings. I agree with you about writing down what you're craving, it's almost like you're transferring it from your head onto paper and the pressure/intensity is reduced.

    Enjoy Bones, it's an awesome show :)

    Stay safe xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. your list of foods is making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire your self control. I think that taking that time off during the week will help you reserve your strength and you'll feel better afterwards too. It also gives you a chance get through all those Bones DVDs!
    Stay strong and safe.
    xx

    ReplyDelete