Wednesday, August 3, 2011

170.8

I dreamed about food all night. It was kind of insane. I never dream about food like that. I kept waking up, panicked and sweating, thinking I’d broken my fast because I kept eating in my dreams. Yesterday was pretty easy. I didn’t experience any of those terrible hunger pangs. I’ll probably get them today. I can already feel my stomach complaining a little from having only water. I will not give in, though. This is not only about weight loss. This is about physical and mental cleansing. This is about patience, perseverance, and determination. I’ve noticed several of you are worried that I won’t be safe, so I want to set your minds at ease. My safety comes first, without a doubt. If I sense that my body is about to take a downward dive I will break the fast. I’ve done quite a bit of research on it in preparation. You can find a few helpful links in one of my previous posts if you’re wanting to learn more about it, or have questions. I’m not sure if I’m supposed to stop taking my birth control pills. I really don’t want to because that will mess up my cycle for the following month. Anyone know the answer to this? I’m off to watch more Buffy now before I have to get ready for work. I will update later this evening with the day's progress.

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with today! I hope today (and the rest of the fast) goes well for you. I don't know if you should stop taking your birth control pills or not. I would take them and then quit if they cause any sort of problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time flies!

    Haha, hate it when I think my dreams are for real.. Sometimes I dream that my bf's cheating on me or dies. Always takes a couple of minutes for me to calm down and realise that he's still beside me (:

    And I cant follow you? It says "Followers" but there's no button or anything?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dont stop taking your birth control pills, they are hormonal, but shouldnt cause any problems. It is worse to go on and off hormones then to just stay on, or just go off. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you've got an intelligent head on you and know if it gets too much you'll break the fast. In the meantime just enjoy it, enjoy the challenge and reap the rewards that come with winning, conquering yourself! Stay strong x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, its 6:12 in the morning and here I am, lying in bed commenting. I told everyone that I'd get around to it. I dream about food all the time, it's weird because I still count calories within the dream too.
    I remember someone commenting on the last post about getting some sport water type stuff? It's probably a good idea to have one with you when you work, just to help keep your energy levels up. Distilled water is good for cleanses because it is just pure water and nothing else but you still need the natural minerals that are dissolved in water.
    So just be careful and try to keep up the vitamins too. Oh and I don't see the problem with continuing with your birth control, your cycle may be little screwed up though because of a sudden lack of food to your system but everyone is different.

    Ha, sorry about the lecture. I guess I'm more active in the mornings.
    Stay safe!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, dreaming about food is pretty much normal, when you don't eat, I think. At last I used to dream a lot about my favorite foods I didn't eat at that time... I'm also dreaming about scales a lot...
    Anyway I don't think it's dangerous o take that pills while fasting but if it should be a cleansing procedure, then it might be fine to stop taking them...

    ReplyDelete