Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 2 of 28

Thank you for commenting on my last two posts: A Girl with Tiny Intentions, Kate, Sarah, mlw, Veetah, Hope to be thin, kes, Mia, Annie, On a mission!, and Christina

I have decided to keep taking my birth control pills to minimize the hormonal changes that would affect my cycle. Thus far they haven't had an adverse effect on my fast. Today went well. I kept thinking about food again, but I guess that's normal. I still haven't had any hunger pains, but I hear day three is the worst so I'm expecting them tomorrow. I will start carrying a bottle of smart water (for the electrolytes) with me to work along with my gallon of distilled water. I'm not currently taking anything for energy boosts, and I don't want to risk putting something in my system that could interrupt the fast.

I felt a little lightheaded when I was standing too long or walking outside in the heat, but it wasn't severe and it passed fairly quickly. I've read this is also to be expected in the first week. I think the hard part for me isn't the actual hunger itself, because it really hasn't been bothering me, but the cravings I get for the taste of food. I'll find myself thinking about that beefy melt burrito or that vanilla ice cream cone and it is a test of my willpower. Anyway, I'm going to go to sleep now, even though it's not yet 7 pm. I seem to be needing more rest now, which is understandable.

Thank you all for your lovely comments and support. Stay strong and stick together girls!

2 comments:

  1. That's amazing that you're doing well. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have really strong sugar free mints that make you not want food... Reading this kinda made my mouth water :X Just stay away from temptation, maybe put an inspiration quote or picture on your phone to look at when craving comes.. I tend to get online and blog around so I'm not tempted to go out or in the kitchen...

    It doesn't help my sister is pregnant so there is soooo much food in the house right now :( I can't wait to move out for college so I'm not surrounded by food all the time.

    Keep strong and well hydrated! Can't wait to hear about your reached goals!

    ReplyDelete